The six healthiest breakfasts you’ve ever cooked
A healthy and nourishing breakfast is the key to a good and productive day. That’s why your meal should be not only delicious but also nutritious.
WeGoRo has collected six ideas for the perfect breakfast — for all those who are fed up with regular oatmeal or eggs.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- cocoa powder (if you want to make a chocolate pancake)
- Combine all the ingredients and mix them well.
- You can cook the pancake either with oil or without it. Pour the batter in a skillet, cover it with a lid and cook each side until it turns brown.
- Serve your pancake with any filling you like. You can also garnish it with fruit and berries.
- 250g of squash or zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 30g of rye bran or dietary fibre
- Salt and pepper
- Ricotta or cream cheese
- Natural yogurt
- Grate the squash. Add the eggs and bran, and mix well. Season the batter with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the batter into a skillet and fry each side until the pancakes are done.
- Make the sauce: combine the yogurt and ricotta, and mix thoroughly to get a smooth paste.
- Serve the pancakes hot with the sauce.
Sweet rice rolls
- 100g of cooked rice
- 2 egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 80g of ricotta
- Blackberry or any other berries (you can use banana or other fruit instead)
- Combine the rice and egg whites. Scoop the batter in a dry skillet and cook each side until it’s done. Make pancakes out of all the batter.
- Mix together the ricotta and berries (or fruit) to make a smooth paste.
- Spread the filling over the pancakes and roll them up.
Apple with oat and ricotta filling
- 1 tablespoon of ricotta
- 1 big apple
- 1 teaspoon of shelled walnut
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- Wash the apple and carefully remove the core with a knife.
- Put the ricotta, rolled oats, walnut and cinnamon into the apple.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes (the apple should be soft).
- Serve the apple either hot or cold. Pour on some honey. You can also add natural yogurt or cream cheese.
Sweet oat pancakes
- 50g of rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 15g of raisins
- Sugar substitute or honey
- Mix all the ingredients with a tablespoon.
- Fry each side of the pancakes in a skillet.
- Serve the pancakes hot. You can also top the dish with low-fat cream cheese or ricotta.
Oatmeal served in a jar
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 1 banana
- Berries according to taste
- A pinch of cocoa powder or cinnamon (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (if desired)
- In a jar or food container with the lid, make layers of rolled oats, ricotta, 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt, berries and slices of banana. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa powder if you like.
- Screw the lid onto the jar. Shake the jar and leave it overnight.
- Enjoy the delicate and healthy dish in the morning. Add some honey, if you like sweet oatmeal.