Five simple but delicious recipes you can easily make with kids
Besides the fact that cooking with kids is a bundle of fun, it’s also a very useful process because your child learns how to be independent and responsible. Moreover, fine motor skills help develop his or her memory. You’ll probably spend a bit more time cleaning up the mess in the kitchen than you usually do, but it’s worth it. Trust us — cooking with the whole family will bring you lots of joy!
WeGoRo would like to share a few interesting recipes that are easy to cook with your kids. Let your child feel like a top chef in their own restaurant!
- 300 g (10.6 oz) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 g (5.3 oz) butter
- 250 g (8.8 oz) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g (7 oz) colorful candy
- While your kid tastes the colorful candy, make the dough by mixing flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine sugar with melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs to the mixture with sugar and mix well.
- Pour the flour gradually into the resulting mixture and knead the dough.
- Add candy to the dough and mix it thoroughly.
- Make small balls from the dough, and then form cookies using the balls.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 170 °С (340 °F) for 10-15 minutes.
- 5 bananas
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chocolate
- colorful sprinkles
- Slice the bananas and melt chocolate in a water bath.
- Dip a piece of banana in the chocolate, and then sprinkle it with colorful sprinkles or ground nuts.
- Put all the pieces in the fridge until the chocolate is frozen.
- Cook hard-boiled eggs and let them cool.
- Finely chop the onion, and fry it until golden brown.
- Peel the eggs, cut off the top and gently pull out the yolks.
- Mix the yolks and the fried onion in a bowl.
- Fill the egg white with the mixture and put tomatoes cut in half on top.
- Make small spots on the ’hats’ using mayonnaise or any other white sauce.
Sweet Tooth cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 100 g (3.5 oz) margarine
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- 250 g (8.8 oz) flour
- whipped cream
- cake decorating supplies
- Mix the eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Add cooled melted margarine.
- Add flour to the mixture, and mix it until smooth.
- Put cupcake papers in the baking forms, and fill them with the batter.
- Bake at 180 °С (355 °F) for 15 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are cooked, decorate them with melted chocolate, whipped cream, fondant, fruits and more.
Mini pizza with ham and cheese
- 1 baguette
- 200 g (7 oz) ham
- 200 g (7 oz) cheese
- tomato paste
- Cut a baguette in half. Each half will be the base for a small pizza.
- Grease each half with tomato paste.
- Put the sliced ham on the bread and sprinkle it with grated cheese and herbs.
- Bake at 150 °С (300 °F) for 10 minutes.