A magic tip on how to perfectly combine your clothing
The closet is overflowing, but you have nothing to wear! This problem is familiar to many women. It happens because we do most of our shopping rashly. Quite often, when we buy a new piece for our wardrobe it turns out that we have nothing to wear it with.
WeGoRo believes that this problem is easy to solve by the use of a capsule wardrobe. This way we can avoid spontaneous purchases and save money.
What is a ’capsule wardrobe’?
A capsule wardrobe is a set of clothes that can be easily combined. Generally, it contains up to 12 items of clothing plus accessories that compose up to 12-18 looks. It allows you to dress almost without looking at what you choose: whichever earrings and handbag you grab will suit any of the clothes.
The rules of a capsule wardrobe
- Each garment in the wardrobe should suit any other item.
- Decide on the tailoring that suits you best and which clothes will emphasize your strong points and hide your drawbacks.
- The basis of every capsule wardrobe are classic pieces that suit any season and will remain trendy for years. This means classic jeans, shirts, unicolor sweaters, tops, one-color coats, pencil skirts, and simple dresses.
- It’s better to choose high-quality garments for a capsule because they will last for many years.
- It’s pretty easy to freshen up your wardrobe. The only thing you need to do is add a few fashionable clothing items and accessories for the current season. You don’t have to completely change your wardrobe every season — you can simply buy some trendy and must-have pieces.
- The capsule wardrobe should consist of 3-4 colors maximum. Remember that 1-2 of these colors should be either of one shade or one color scheme, and at least one calm color is obligatory. You can make one color a bright accent in your wardrobe, although it’s not recommended to use opposing colors.
- Here’s the best sequence of purchases: first buy dresses, then skirts and jeans (pants), then tops, sweaters, shoes, and accessories. Outer clothing goes last.
8 garments + 10 accessories = 17 looks
To show you how these rules work, we collected for you a bright daily capsule. It consists of basic garments mixed with some trendy clothes.
We used 8 items of clothing: coat, sweater, bomber jacket, dress, jeans, crop top, skirt, and shirt.
There are 10 accessories: sneakers, shoes, 2 handbags, backpack, belt, large scarf, ankle boots, hat, and glasses.
A capsule wardrobe is extremely convenient. We hope that our article will inspire you to create your perfect wardrobe.