7 super-delicious dinners you can make in less than 20 minutes
We often don't have time to cook sophisticated dishes, or we are just too tired after work. It would be great to have something light and delicious for dinner, wouldn't it? Here are seven good recipes that will help you do just that!
Creamy cauliflower soup
- 1 kg of cauliflower
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g of white cheese (per 1 serving)
- 70 g of butter
- 100 g of cream
- 200 g of milk
- salt and pepper
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets. Put them in a pot of salted water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the florets out of the pot and drain the water.
- Melt the butter in the pot, then add two glasses of cold water. Boil it over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the florets and milk, and cook everything for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Adjust the temperature to the lowest setting. Add the egg yolks and cream to the pot. Make a puree with a blender.
- Before serving, add white cheese, salt, and pepper to each bowl.
Pasta with avocado sauce and shrimp
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 370 g of whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup of pasta water
- 400 g of peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Combine pieces of avocado, spinach, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Mix until you have a smooth sauce.
- Cook the pasta. Before draining the water, keep 1/2 cup of the water.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the shrimp, spreading them in one layer, then sprinkle them with salt and fry for 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over to the other side and cook for one more minute to brown them evenly.
- Turn off the stove. Add the rest of the lime juice and 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and toss everything together.
- Place the pasta and avocado sauce in a large bowl. If it is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of pasta water to make it lighter.
- Top the dish with shrimp and enjoy your meal!
Salmon with delicately flavored sauce
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of purified olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Let the salmon come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°С.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
- Drain the salmon on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then place it skin-down on the sheet.
- Mix together the mustard, olive oil, and syrup.
- Coat the salmon with the sauce.
- Bake the fillets for 10 minutes.
Brussels sprouts with honey
- 10 Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of dried dill
- Put the Brussels sprouts in a pot of slightly salted water.
- Cook them over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until they get soft.
- Mix together the butter, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Before serving, pour on the sauce. Bon appetite!
Tomato and avocado salad
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of seed oil
- Salt, pepper, and salad greens
- Slice the avocado, or cut it into small cubes. Sprinkle them well with lemon juice and toss. Add the avocado seed to keep the slices from getting brown.
- Cut the onion into half-moons and put them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Then drain the water, and let the onion get cool.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Combine the vegetables in a large bowl. Dress the salad with oil, then add salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything and garnish with greens. Do not forget to take the avocado seed out before serving.
- 3 tablespoons of seed oil
- 450 g of potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and grate them with a large-hole grater.
- Drain small portions of grated potato using a cheesecloth.
- Heat up the oil in a skillet.
- When it gets hot, spread the potato evenly to make 1 cm-high patties. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Fry the patties for 5 to 7 minutes, then turn them over to the other side and fry for the same time.
Egg-battered fried zucchini
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Slice the zucchini into 0.5 or 1 cm slices.
- Wash the eggs and crack them into a bowl. Place flour into another bowl. Add a tablespoon of salt into each one and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up a pan with oil at medium temperature.
- Drop each slice of zucchini into the flour first, then into the egg batter, and then place it in the pan.
- Fry each side of the slices for 3 to 4 minutes until they get golden.